Apply now to be a part of the United Technologies Corporation Institute for Advanced Systems Engineering.
Designed for practicing engineers who want to earn a master degree without work day interruptions. Students can earn the degree part time (often sponsored by an employer), or full time.
A certificate program includes three graduate level courses and a capstone project for a total of 12 graduate credits.
How do we look at Systems Engineering?
Systems Engineering (SE) provides guarantees of performance and reliability against customer requirements by coordinated execution of a prescriptive, repeatable and measurable design process. We believe, this design process is best executed using Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) defined as the formalized application of modeling to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification, and validation activities.
Systems Engineering Challenges and Our Approach
There are four significant challenges for Systems Engineers of today and tomorrow:
- Increasing complexity and reliance on software
- Increasing extensibility (systems evolve)
- Variability in manufacture and environment (wider supplier base, expanding operational envelopes)
- Operational reliability
These challenges can be met by an integrated approach - ADVANCED SYSTEMS ENGINEERING - which is comprised of the following components:
- Modeling, model-based analytical tools and techniques
- Platform-based, modular, extensible architectures for products
- Robust Design
- Prognostics and Diagnostics